Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 26 weeks
Rate: £450 per Day
Location: Remote, UK
Job Type: Contract
Engagement Type: Implementation
Description: Reporting to the Development BI Team Lead, this role is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking to gain experience in BI development within a people centric, global business working as part of the global BI team.
Minimum Years Experience: 5 Years.
5 Key Skills Required:
– Experience development and architectural design of a MS SQL Server based BI environment. This includes, but is not limited to, the design and development of Data Warehouse based on dimensional modelling.
– Experience using MS SQL in Azure to access, query, and manipulate data, and proven experience using MS SSIS and Azure Data Factory to develop, implement, and maintain ETL processes.
– Experience with delivering datasets using various PowerBI model types and Azure Analysis for user self-serve. With proven experience utilising PowerBI to create impactful visualisations, if not then ideally demonstrate experience with a similar visualisation tool.
– Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
– Excellent oral and writing skills with ability to communicate in an organised and concise manner.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– Completing project tasks as part of the digital transformation, within timescales; including development and testing of change in the data warehouse, Analysis Services, Power BI dataset and reporting areas. This will also require active planning support for development work with stakeholder management activities.
– Ensure that all work is carried through the environments, source controlled with regularity and deployments packages are robust and well organised. Ensuring all conflicts in this area are merged/escalated effectively.
– Support the monitoring of BAU processes as directed, including undertaking root cause analysis, advising remediation options and if required delivering a solution including delivering any early lifecycle support as needed.
– Conducting operational and BAU change requests and issues, completing change request tasks as assigned, through to completion of Early life support.
– Work closely with data architects, data modeller, and software developers to ensure data lineage is properly designed and captured for BI solutions.